At present, Ibaraki Prefecture employs three Coordinators for International Relations, who use their respective talents in a variety of work.
CIRs' main responsibilities include the following:
- Advising the prefecture's JET participants, and assisting with administration of the prefecture-wide JET system
- Planning prefectural international exchange events
- Participating in international exchange events, etc., put on by cities, schools, and NGOs in the prefecture
- Translating and correcting official documents in English
- Taking care of foreign visitors to the prefecture
Amber arrived at the International Affairs Division in August, 2007, as a successor of Aurélien, who now works for the International Association. Amber's job includes editing the E-Ibaraki report, participating in World Caravan (cultural visits to elementary and junior high schools), helping out with English and Mandarin-related events, and so on.
- English-related translation and interpretation
- Design and maintenance of this web site and the E-Ibaraki Report
- Participation in World Culture Seminar (lectures in English) and World Caravan
- Arranged a visit to Ibaraki by a group of high schoolers from California
- Liaison with JET participants for participation in I Love Ibaraki Festival, Mito Kōmon Festival, Ryūgasaki disaster drill, etc.