Technical and other trainees from abroad
A designated CLAIR model project for 2007–08, this project involves working with the NGO Supporting Asian Education Fund Ibaraki (SAEFI) to improve the quality of preschool education in Laos and therefore contribute to increasing the literacy rate. The project includes two conferences on preschool education, in Japan in November and in Laos in January; assembly of a handbook detailing exemplary preschool education techniques in Laos; and fostering core educators in Laos by hosting a trainee for six months.
- 2007: 1 trainee, from August, 2007 to February, 2008
- At Mitsukaidō Kindergarten
As one part of its regional-level international cooperation efforts, Ibaraki Prefecture invites from developing regions people who show promise of eventually contributing, as leaders in a technical field, to the economic, social, cultural or other advancement of their home countries. With the cooperation of NGOs, research institutions, private companies and other organizations in the prefecture, this program enables trainees to acquire the skills and knowledge they need to aid in the development of their own countries after they return home.
In the period from the inception of the program in 1983 to 2005, 172 trainees from 27 countries have been hosted in Ibaraki, and are now active in various fields in their respective countries.
- 2006: 2 trainees, from July, 2006 to January, 2007
- Architecture trainee from China, at Yokosuka Mitsuo Architectural Co., Ltd.
- Preschool education trainee from Laos, at Mitsukaidō Kindergarten
- 2005: 4 trainees, from June, 2005 to January, 2006
- Trainees from China, Laos, Ethiopia, and Mongolia